Shiploads is committed to protecting the personal information entrusted to it.
Shiploads endorse the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1998 and support the role that the Australian Privacy Commissioner within the Australian Human Rights Commission plays.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED?
Shiploads does not collect personal information unless it is necessary for us to carry out our functions and activities as part of our business. Shiploads only collects such information by lawful and fair means and in an unobtrusive way.
- when you sign-up to Shiploads mailing list;
- when you register or fill in forms on our website or mobile application;
- when you visit and use our website and mobile application;
- when you shop in our stores and provide your information;
- when you order goods from Shiploads;
- when you register for or participate in competitions, promotions or surveys that Shiploads run;
- when you send emails, letters or other correspondence to Shiploads; or
- when you report an incident, make a complaint or provide other feedback to Shiploads;
Where Shiploads collects information from you, Shiploads will generally do so ourselves. However, in some cases we may collect information through a third party, such as through Facebook/Mailchimp/PayPal/Zip who provide security or other services to Shiploads.
If you choose not to provide certain information to us, then Shiploads may not be able to provide you with certain services and you may not be able to use certain parts of our website or mobile applications or participate in competitions or promotions that Shiploads run.
Shiploads take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
The information that we collect about you may include:
- your name, date of birth, email address, postal address and other contact details;
- payment information, which may include bank account or credit card details, and other information that we need in order to provide relevant goods and services to you;
- details of your shopping preferences;
- user names, passwords and other registration details that you provide when registering to use our website, mobile application or other services;
details of your visits to and use of our website and mobile application, including the different parts of the website and applications that you access during your visits;
- demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your postcode, age, gender and shopping preferences, interests and favourites; and
- other information that you provide to Shiploads.
By providing your personal information to Shiploads, you confirm that you have reviewed this Policy and consent to the collection and use of your personal information as specified.
HOW IS PERSONAL INFORMATION USED?
Shiploads will use and disclose your personal information for the primary purposes of our business as a retailer or a purpose related to our primary purpose such as marketing, where you consent to such disclosure or such disclosure is permitted by the Privacy Act 1998.
In addition, Shiploads may use such information to market to you products and services offered by Shiploads unless you have indicated that you do not wish to obtain such offers or material. If you do not wish to obtain offers or material, you can unsubscribe from the link at the bottom of the email that you receive or email [email protected] with subject of unsubscribe.
Shiploads use your information to:
- sell, deliver, administer, improve and personalise our products and offerings;
- better understand our customers’ requirements and preferences;
improve our service and to provide offers that are of greater interest or benefit to you;
- to communicate with customers;
- undertake and administer marketing activities, direct marketing, database compilation, analysis of trends and demographics and other marketing or promotional activities;
- protect against fraud and theft; and
- maintain and update our records.
HOW IS PERSONAL INFORMATION DISCLOSED?
The personal information you have provided to us will be kept confidential and secure and will not be accessible for unauthorised use, amendment or disclosure.
Shiploads may utilise the services of contractors from time to time for the purposes of undertaking services as promoted by Shiploads. Your personal information will only be provided to these businesses for the purpose of enabling a service to be provided to you. We will not otherwise provide your personal information to a third party without your approval.
Shiploads may disclose personal information to overseas recipients, who are located in the United States of America, the Asia Pacific Region and other countries or jurisdictions depending on the nature of the services those recipients provide to Shiploads (for example storing data via a cloud service or where delivery address information for online orders is managed via a third party located overseas).
Shiploads take active steps to protect the personal information we hold against loss, unauthorised access or use, modification or disclosure, and against other misuse. This includes any information that we disclose overseas.
Where data is held overseas, we require third parties to store such data in restricted access premises and provide appropriate protection against unauthorised disclosure. As a minimum-security requirement, password authentication is required to access those databases in all cases.
When the personal information that we collect is no longer required, we destroy or delete it.
HOW CAN I ACCESS AND UPDATE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Shiploads will provide you with access to any of your personal information that we hold (except in limited circumstances recognized by law). You can access or correct the personal information we hold about you at any time by accessing your online profile, or email at [email protected], or by writing to the Privacy Officer, Shiploads GPO Box 606, Hobart TAS 7001. Before we provide you with access to your personal information, we may require some proof of identity.
DIRECT MARKETING AND OPTING OUT
By providing your address, email address and telephone numbers to Shiploads, you consent to Shiploads contacting you for the purposes set out above. We may send this information in a variety of ways, including by mail, email, social media, SMS, MMS, telephone and if you download them any Shiploads Apps.
You can opt out of being contacted by:
- contacting email at [email protected], or
- by writing to Privacy Officer, Shiploads GPO Box 606, Hobart TAS 7001; or
- using the unsubscribe facility that we include in our electronic messages (e.g. email, SMS or MMS) to opt out of receiving those messages.
If you have a question about this Policy or wish to make a complaint about the way we have collected, used, held or disclosed your personal information, please contact us at email at [email protected], or by writing to the Privacy Officer, Shiploads GPO Box 606, Hobart TAS 7001. Shiploads may need to contact you for further details.
What is a cookie?
When you visit www.shiploads.com.au, we automatically collect non-identifying aggregate information such as your domain name, browser type, referral and demographic information. This is solely for the purpose of monitoring our website traffic. This information gives us an insight on which pages are visited most frequently. This is used to improve the site so we can provide a better experience for you as a customer. Shiploads do not monitor your activity outside of our site, but we do gather information on what sites refer traffic to us.
Third Party Cookies and how to reject cookies
You can choose to decline cookies, but if you do so, you may not be able to fully experience our online interactive features. Anyone may opt out of these programs at any time by visiting Google Analytics’ opt Out browser add on and downloading the tool.
Shiploads is not responsible for the privacy practices of sites linked to Shiploads via hyperlinks, banner advertising or other means. Please take care at all times when visiting another site.